Thursday, June 01, 2006

Perth here we come

Well this is it. We have had what my solicitor calls a 'clean' offer on the flat which we have accepted. It will be all legally binding come 5pm tomorrow. We will be homeless on the 30th of June so I guess that means that we will be moving to Australia the 1st week of July. Its all a bit scary, exciting and sad all at the same time. We will of course miss our friends and family heaps. I wish that I had magic powers so that I could just wiggle my nose and flit back and forth between oz and the UK whenever I wanted. Of course this is what Michael and I want, the chance to change our life and improve the opportunities for our children. It is a huge thing for us, neither of us have ever lived far away from our families but as everyone keeps telling me, its the right thing to do. It really hit home when I phoned my gramma to tell her things were finally coming together she said that she wanted me to visit before I left and she knew it was the right thing to do but she knows that once we go I will never see her again. shes 87 and failing year by year, it really hit home that there will be people who I will probably never see again and this makes me sad. But we cant live our lives wondering what if, rather feel remorse than regret. We have been talking about this for nearly 20 years and would rather try and fail than sit here in another 20 years wishing that we had done it.

so nat be prepared for me to be a pain in the ass since i wont know anyone else but you and davo! i am sure that we will not regret this decision and that this is the 1st chapter of the rest of our lives!!!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Shaz, I wish you all the luck in the world, its all soo exciting! x

Nat said...

I cannae wait bird!

It'll be fab. You'll hate it for a few months and you'll feel completely lost in every aspect of your life, but bloody hell is it all worth it?

I thank my lucky stars every single day.

Shall I expect you on the 1st July then?

Sparkle said...

You are doing he right thing and the kids will think so too after a while. I was watching a programme about a family who had emigrated to Perth and after 2 years you would never have known the kids were from anywhere else. The whole family loved the escape from the rat race and the laid back way of life. Loads of luck and love Sparkle. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

shazza said...

thanks moo and sparkle. nat i am totally prepared not to like it to start with, its like everything else in life new is always a bit daunting!! cant wait to actually get there to try it out. probably will be the 6th/7th that we will get there, need to get my hands on the dosh before i can book flights.
i can honestly say now 'see you soon!'